Face Masks - Use and CareNOTES FOR OUR FACE MASKS:
- Always handle your clean mask with clean, freshly washed hands. If you are outside and do not have access to soap and water, you should use hand sanitizer before handling your mask.
- You should consider the outside of your mask dirty as soon as it goes on your face. Do not touch the outside of the mask and then touch other parts of your face or body. If you do touch the mask while it is on, consider your hands dirty and wash them.
- The inside of your mask is clean for you but dirty for others. If you touch the inside of your mask, do not then touch other surfaces or another person until you have washed your hands.
- If you use an optional filter in the filter pocket, remember to remove the filter material before washing. The outside of the filter (the side not against your face) should be considered dirty.
- You should wash your hands before and after changing the mask. Again, if you do not have access to soap and water, you can use hand sanitizer.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, leave your mask ON. One of the mask's primary purposes is to keep you from contaminating others by keeping your droplets to yourself.
- If you choose to use an optional filter, you would slide it into the pocket between the layers. If you do not have a filter, the mask still has effectiveness due to it being two layers of 100% cotton and one layer of non-woven interfacing.
- Our mask straps are one continuous strand of sturdy elastic with a toggle at the bottom for optimal fit and adjustability.To wear your mask properly, put both straps over your head (toggle end on bottom). Adjust the top strap and bottom strap to fit snuggly, and adjust the toggle to keep the elastic where it is comfortable and snug.
WASHING YOUR MASK:
Your face mask is made of 100% cotton and may be washed and reused many times. Wash with warm soapy water, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Tumble dry on low heat, or hang to air dry. Do NOT dry the mask on high heat. It may damage the elastic or nose wire.
Please Note: Our face masks are handmade and are NOT medical grade products. Face masks are provided without warranty or guarantee of their effectiveness for any purpose. Due to sanitary reasons, all face masks sales are final, and we do not accept returns.